Skip to main content

Bringing in the New Year with a Resolution & a BOGO



Happy (almost) New Year!  This year I'm linking up with DeeDee at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for my Fitness Resolution.  It was a toughie for me to decide which one!  I wanted it to be a resolution I actually have a hope of keeping.  I figured technology is not going to be it (much as a I love technology, my current school doesn't even have functioning computers in the classroom, let alone all the other great stuff I love).  Downtime is much-needed, but I doubt it will be available much as a first-year teacher and first-time homeowner.  I do really badly NEED to get more organized, so that will probably be my secondary resolution!

In the end, I decided to go with fitness.  I'm sure many teachers can relate to working while going through college, working through your field experiences and student teaching, drinking excessive amounts of caffeine through it all, and then finding that teaching consumes your life and you need still more caffeine!  Wake up one morning (after four years of sleep deprivation and caffeine abuse) and find out you're a good fifteen (or thirty) pounds heavier than you were before- yikes!


This year my husband is helping me out.  We are going to try using the Atkins Carb Tracker app on our phones to eat healthier together starting in January!  We heard this app works great from some friends and are very excited to try it out.  It comes with lots of great features and is free, so we'll see!


My kiddos also made some resolutions this morning.  We talked about how a resolution is a special wish that people make on New Year's and work on all year long.  Here are some of theirs:



In other news, I've been sitting on this exciting news all week and I just have to get it out:

I SOLD MY FIRST PRODUCTS ON TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS!!!

(Please excuse the excessive capitalization and exclamation points.  It's just so exciting!  And yes, products as in plural!  Yay!)

So to celebrate my first sales and bring in the New Year, I'm having a Buy One Get One Free Sale on all products at my store!  (Of equal or lesser value, of course).  I just reduced prices so this is a fantastic time to grab my Valentine's and Winter Digital paper packs, as well as some new items I just rolled out:




This sale is only running today and tomorrow (January 1st) so head over fast!  After purchasing your item, email me at jfredrickson88x@gmail.com and let me know the item that you purchased and the item that you would like to receive for free.  I will email it to you pronto!  Click on either of the two products above to be directed to my store.  

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Customs & Belated Friday Freebies

Saturday is here and Christmas Break has begun!  Well, in my case it's a 4 day weekend, but I'll take it.  I confess I am very jealous of my peers right now that get a two week break.  But I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a good break, and I can't wait to see the exciting stuff you create!  :) What a busy week it has been!  Between practicing for the Holiday Song Program, doing the Holiday Song Program, recovering from the Holiday Song Program, I'm not sure how we accomplished anything at all!  But accomplish we did, and largely thanks to you, my wonderful fellow blogger teachers!  I am so thankful for the great resources you make and share, they were a lifesaver this week for sure!  Here's a look at our week of Holiday Customs Around the World: Art Snowflake Craft Stick Ornaments (Parent Gift) These turned out so great!  I poured some craft (tacky) glue a bowl and they used Q-tips to place glue onto their gemstones.  Then, they put

There's No Place Like Space: Outer Space Adventures & Friday Freebie

TGIF!!!  What a week!  I absolutely adored seeing my kiddos learn about space, but this week was a toughie.  Sick and tired kiddos do not make for a happy class.  Everything kept going the wrong way: food spilled on the newly cleaned carpets, bloody noses on the newly cleaned carpets, bathroom accidents during the middle of centers, pink-eye working its' way around the room, forgotten materials at home, the printer at FedEx Office went haywire and messed up my play-doh mats, the copy machine at work broke, I broke the side mirror of my car coming out of the garage... Yikes!  I was seriously scared to leave my house this morning!  :)  So here's hoping the stars re-align this weekend and my class comes back rockin' and rollin' and ready to learn on Monday! With all that being said, it was still a fun and jam-packed week.  I loved overhearing one of my kiddos tell his parent, "Mom, did you know the sun is ACTUALLY a star?!?!"  And I got to test out another

Families & Freebies on a Friday... err... Monday!

Happy Friday !  Er, Monday?  Well, originally I was going to post this on Friday but I had no time (big surprise, right?) so here it is on Monday!  Here's a peek at our fun Families unit from last week, with a few freebies for my bloggy family!  :) Art: George Washington Color by Number Many thanks to Maria at Kinder-Craze for this great freebie!  On Tuesday we learned a little bit about what a President does and why we celebrate President's Day.  Pick up Maria's great freebie at her blog by clicking here . Paper Bag Houses Love how these houses turned out!   Family Trees Some of my kiddos were even able to write most of the names on their family tree! Magazine Family Hunt Are you ready for your first freebie?  Click on the picture to grab your own copy of this fun family magazine picture hunt!  The kiddos cut out pictures of people in magazines and placed them in the category they thought fit: mommies/daddies, grandmas/grandpas